At Get Golden Visa, we’ve accompanied many clients’ journeys of investment immigration. We’ll be happy to accompany you in yours as you obtain USA residency through the EB5 Investor Visa.
Contact us to get advisory services from our experts to smooth out the process of your residency acquisition by investment in the USA.
EB5 India: What Is It and How Does It Work?
The EB5 Visa Program is a type of investor visa that allows people from all nationalities to obtain residence permits in the USA by making a certain investment in US commercial enterprises.
The program contributes to the US economy simultaneously as it offers investors the opportunity to reside in the USA permanently.
The EB5 Investor Visa has countless benefits for Indian citizens as well. Read on to learn about the benefits and requirements of the EB5 Visa India.
This guide includes:
- Benefits of USA EB 5 visa for Indian citizens
- EB 5 visa requirements India citizens need to meet
- EB5 India citizens application process
Benefits of the USA Investment Visa for Indian Citizens
Indians are the second most crowded immigrant group in the United States. The members of this immigrant group are predominantly young professionals with university degrees.
The EB5 Visa Program is the fastest and the most impactful route to US residency for Indian citizens. Find below the most significant of the countless benefits of the USA Investment Visa for Indian citizens:
- Your spouse and children under 21 (unmarried) can benefit from the program
- It enables you to get permanent residency
- You’re free to travel as you like throughout the country and reside wherever you choose
- You can get a job or establish a business
- You enjoy the international privileges of a US green card like traveling visa-free to many locations in the world
- You can apply for both American citizenship and an Overseas Citizen of India status, getting to hold the privileges of both citizenships
In addition to these perks, through USA EB5 Visa for Indian citizens, your unmarried children automatically gain the right to the following as permanent residents:
- Access to excellent education without having any obstacles related to their foreign student status
- Benefitting from tuition fees lower by 150% to 300% and enjoying various scholarship/funding opportunities compared to other foreign students
- Access to many job opportunities without any restrictions on work permits, visa expiration, or the like
EB5 Visa Requirements India
There are a series of requirements you need to meet to become eligible for the EB5 visa. The most crucial of these is to make the qualifying investment. Then, in addition to meeting the financial requirements, you need to follow certain steps and submit various documentation.
The investment requirements of the EB5 US investment visa for Indian nationals are as follows:
- Investing a minimum of $1,05 million to a US commercial enterprise or at least $800,000 in a Targeted Employment Area
- Guaranteeing that the said investment will create at least 10 full-time jobs for US citizens in two years
Documentation Required for EB5 Visa India
You’re required to submit various documents for your application for EB5 India to be valid. The following are the demanded documents:
- A valid passport
- Copy of passports (both personal and of family members)
- Documentation of the household registration
- Evidence of any former immigration applications (if applicable)
- Criminal record
- Evidence of business ownership
- Business License(s)
- Proof of source for the investment sum
- Detailed EB5 business plan
- Organizational documents and agreement of partnership
- Position/Title statement and duty descriptions
- Tax Returns and Bank Statements (last 5 years)
- Documentation of any other sources of capital
- Approved I-526 petition proving you’ve started the investment process
Required Project Documentation
- Evidence to prove required investment has been made
- Documentation regarding the establishment of the relevant business in a TEA
- Document demonstrating that the said investment made into the regional center is to create 10 direct or indirect full-time jobs for the US citizens
EB5 India Costs
In addition to the required investment amount, there are other costs and fees you need to pay throughout the EB5 acquisition process. Find these fees and costs below:
- USCIS Form I-526 filing fee: $3,675
- USCIS Form I-829 filing fee: $3,750
- Legal fee for the immigration lawyer: Varies depending on the lawyer
- Adjustment of status fee or Immigrant visa application fee: $1,225/$345
- EB5 business plan expenses: ∼$3,500
- Regional center administration fee: $50,000 – $70,000
- Business entity formation: Varies depending on the hired lawyer/company
- Translation of documentation: Varies depending on the translator
The Process of Getting an EB5 Visa India
There are certain steps to obtaining the EB5 US investment visa for Indian citizens. Here’s a list of what you need to do:
- Hire a professional to help with your process (advisor/lawyer)
- Establish your EB5 plan that qualifies for the program
- Make the required investment
- File a Form I-525 with USCIS
- File a Form I-485 and DS-260 to apply for the adjustment of status
- Get a 2-year conditional permanent residency
- File the Form I-829 and get your permanent residency by removing the conditions on your status
The estimated EB5 processing time India typically varies between 29 and 61 months.
Get Golden Visa: How We Can Help
As an investment immigration advisory company, Get Golden Visa has provided many clients with absolute assistance throughout their residency through investment processes abroad.
Contact us to learn further about the EB5 Investor Visa for the USA and benefit from our consultation services throughout your journey toward your new life in the United States.
Schedule a Call With EB5 Visa Experts
EB5 India: Conclusion
The process is quite complex, and a little pricey, and the EB5 wait time India might take a bit long. However, the benefits of the EB5 US investment visa for Indian citizens are worth the wait and the expense. Moreover, working with professionals throughout this process will relieve your burden and ease your case.
Frequently Asked Questions About EB5 Visa India
What is an EB-5 visa for Indians?
The EB-5 Program is managed by USCIS. If they meet the requirements, investors (along with their spouses and unmarried children under 21) are qualified to apply for a Green Card (permanent residence).
Can Indian citizens still apply for EB5 in 2023?
Yes, Indian citizens can still apply for an EB5 Visa in 2023. There are no restrictions or bans that suggest otherwise.
Can Indian citizens apply for EB5 while on H1B?
Yes, Indian citizens can apply for the US Investor Visa while holding an H1B since it’s a dual intent visa with a non-immigrant status.
How long does it take to get an EB-5 visa for Indian citizens?
The processing time for I-526 is estimated to be between 24 and 36 months. There is no additional waiting period in India.