Are You Eligible to Apply for Portugal Golden Visa?
Portugal Golden Visa continues to be one of the more popular options when it comes to the citizenship/residency by investment market. There are obviously some criteria before a non-EU citizen can get a Portugal Golden Visa. Today we will go over these requirements to be able to apply for a Portuguese Golden Visa so that you too can start investing in something that is truly worthy.
- EU and EEE citizens also cannot apply for Portuguese Golden Visa.
- One of the simpler methods of applying for a Portuguese Golden Visa is transferring cash to the country. Those who transfer a capital of more than a 1 million Euros are eligible to apply for Portuguese Golden Visa.
- If you wish to start a company in Portugal that too can grant you the right to apply for Portuguese Golden Visa. However, the company you created should employ at least 10 people and only after that you can actually apply to the Portuguese Golden Visa.
- If you are interested in a more orthodox way of investing buying a house is the way to go. Anyone that buys a house that is worth more than 500.000 Euros can apply for a Portuguese Golden Visa after proving it by their deed of sale.
- In case the house you bought is over 30 years old there is another way of applying to the Portuguese Golden Visa. If you refurbish a house that is old than the actual worth of the house can be as low as 350.000 Euros. You will still be able to apply for Portuguese Golden Visa because you have helped renovate the country a bit.
- There is a way of spending less money on money transfer method if you send the said money to aid research in public or private universities of Portugal. If you wish to donate 350.000 Euros to bolster research in this country you will be able to apply for a Portuguese Golden Visa.
- Similarly, if you donate 250.000 Euros to protect the cultural heritage of Portugal and/or fund the upcoming artists residing there you can apply for the Portuguese Golden Visa.
- If you invest 350.000 Euros into Portuguese investment funds or venture capital funds then you will also be able to apply for the Portuguese Golden Visa.
- Last but not least, if you transfer 350.000 Euros to a company with its head office in Portugal that also employs at least five people, you will then be able to apply for the Portuguese Golden Visa. This is like a middle way of direct investment, and creating ten jobs.